Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Tuesday 13 December 2011

{Christmas inspired by Karen Blixen}

First of all, happy St. Lucia Day! One of my favourites days {I guess that is my Swedish heritage shining through} and if you are interested, I did a post on Lucia last year which you can see here.

Anyways, since I haven't had the chance to see a parade this year, I will show you a lookbook from Danish decor-brand Rosendahl Copenhagen. It is one of the great Danish brands of this sort, together with Georg Jensen, Holmegaard and Royal Copenhagen. At least in my opinion.

One of their greatest successes is the Christmas (and this year also Easter) line inspired by the great writer Karen Blixen (Isak Dinesen).
I showed you one when I did a post on her, but now I will show you some more.

I hope you will like it as much as I do.

Rungstedlund covered in romantic snow.

 The text says, each purchase supports the running of the Karen Blixen Museum at Rungstedlund.

Her nephew tells that Karen Blixen always decorated her Christmas tree in white and silver with a single red ornament hidden somewhere, which would pay off a small cake for the child who found it.

How wonderful right? I can totally see the elegance and luxurious splendour of a white and silver decorated tree, and her little game with the children makes me have even more respect for her (if that's even possible!)

 Very pretty gift-wrapping! I wouldn't even dare to open the present if it looked like that...

 I really like the look of the silver ornaments together with the rough cloth and leather.

The candle holders inspired by her love for the nature. The garden at Rungstedlund is 'world-famous' in Denmark (yeah, we always try to be bigger than we are, ha!) for the flowers and one of the best florists in Denmark (he also does the royal flower arrangements - so he is that big!) arrange flowers from the garden around the rooms and suites during the year.

I love the simplicity and the romantic feel these ornaments have, and for once I think both the silver as well as the gilded versions are equally beautiful. Usually, I favour just one of them. But if I had to choose, I would go for the silver.. Can't help but dream of a white and silver decorated tree too.

Best,
The Dandelion Chronicles



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...