Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Friday 30 December 2011

{Happy New Year} + Weekly Favourites

As promised yesterday, I will use today to wish you, my dear readers and followers, the most prosperous and merriest New Year.
I thank you all for the sweet comments and virtual hugs which I have recieved through this little blog the past year. It is truly magnifiscent to think that I have readers from all continents except the cold one in the South! I would never have thought so when I started this adventure.
Maybe I am naïve but I am still surprised that I get visitors from places where I didn't even know they had access to the Internet.


2011 has been a turbulent year for me, especially since I lost my beloved father in August, but also on other areas. Many thoughts have gone through my head, especially according my future and what I really, deep down, want to do with my life and how I am going to acheive the goals I set for myself.
For 2012, I will try to take the good that I learned about myself and others with me and continue to make an effort in being the woman I want to be. I am finally realizing that there's no point in trying to be someone else.


And that is my hope for you guys too. That you will take this opportunity to stop up for a minute and think about where you are in life and whether it is where you want to be. Are you the best "you" at all times or does the intentions go down the drain in the daily hazzle?
I have learned the hard way, just because I wanted it and freely did it, it doesn't mean it was easy, and will pursue the more simpler approach to what I want and need.
 


But without further ado, here's my last Weekly Favourites of 2011.
Given the amount of time that I put into this feature, I will perhaps change the theme to a monthly feature. However, it has been quite fun and a great resource for me to look at all the things and pick out what it is I really want (if I had the means).
I definately see a more cleaner and simpler look, more quality and minimalism than whims and fun fancies.
Weekly Favourites 52



This last week of the year, it seems like we are all looking forward to the summer and beach holidays (lucky Australia!). However, a good quality jumper, handbag, and possible the best top coat nail polish ever (so I have been told) will never be excommunicated from my wardrobe. What do you see that grabs your fancy? Something that will go way into 2012?

Anyways, last thing to say

Cheers in glitter, and Happy New Year!


{sources: 1, 2, 3, 4}

1 comment:

Carole Poirot said...

Love all the sparkle in this post!

Sorry about your dad, that must have been hard...I'm certain you have the loveliest memories to treasure.

Wishing you the most wonderful and happy new year, I look forward to seeing more of your posts in 2012. Bisous xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...